Matrox and CineForm Collaborate on AVCHD Editing WorkFlow
Matrox MXO2 Mini Now Provides Inexpensive HDMI Monitoring for AVCHD Editing with Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and CineForm NeoScene
“The AVCHD camera format is designed for recording, not editing, but now with a few simple steps editors can benefit from professional realtime editing performance,” said David Taylor, CineForm co-founder and CEO. With NeoScene, users can easily convert difficult-to-edit AVCHD files into CineForm’s professional 10-bit Wavelet compression format for faster editing performance, plus conversion to 24p (24 progressive frames) for users who desire a cinematic presentation. We’re excited about our collaboration with Matrox because of the enhanced editing experience that results; users can now drop their CineForm content on a CS4 timeline using a Matrox project preset and enjoy realtime playout through MXO2 to their preferred monitor or television.
- Works with Mac and PC, laptops and desktops
- Small, lightweight, external box that’s easily connected to cameras and monitors
- Capture high definition video via HDMI or analog component; NTSC and PAL via analog component, S-Video, or composite
- Playback high definition video via HDMI and analog component; NTSC and PAL via HDMI and analog component or HDMI and S-Video and composite
- Output HD and SD video simultaneously
- Turns an HDMI screen into a professional-grade video monitor with color calibration tools including blue-only
- High-quality 10-bit hardware scaling engine for realtime upscaling, downscaling, and cross conversion on capture and playback
- Stereo RCA and up to 8 channels of HDMI audio input and output
- 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound monitoring on the HDMI output
- Easily edit AVCHD footage by capturing into an edit-friendly compressed or uncompressed format
- Works with leading applications including Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, and many more
- Also available with Matrox MAXÃ¢Â„Â¢ technology for faster than realtime H.264 encoding
- Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support
NeoScene is available from www.cineform.com for $129, or can be purchased through CineForm’s network of resellers and distributors. NeoScene is also available as a fully-functional trial download from CineForm’s website.
Matrox MXO2 Mini, priced at $449 US (Ã¢Â‚Â¤338, Ã¢Â‚Â¬382) not including local taxes, is available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. Each MXO2 Mini comes with the customer’s choice of either an ExpressCard /34 laptop adapter or a PCIe desktop adapter. Additional adapters may be purchased separately at $99 US (Ã¢Â‚Â¤69, Ã¢Â‚Â¬83) each.