Digieffects Launches Camera Mapper Plug-in for After Effects
Developed in Close Collaboration with VFX Industry Guru Mark Christiansen
Camera Mapper was developed in close collaboration with Mark Christiansen, author of The After Effects Studio Techniques books, and industry veteran who has worked on several feature films including Avatar, Pirates 3, All About Evil and The Day After Tomorrow.
Mark Christiansen comments that “Camera Mapper provides an elegant solution to a vexing problem in After Effects; the alternative for mapping a scene to 3D geometry is complicated enough that it has occupied several pages of each edition of my After Effects books.”
* Realistically create the illusion that a still image is fully dimensional moving footage.
* Subtly change the perspective of a shot, or animate it over time.
* Can be combined with 3D tracking to add or alter elements in a scene.
* Now you can step back in time and get another chance to move the camera.
* Allows you to stay in After Effects when working with fully dimensional models, rather than jumping into an expensive and complex 3D application.
Bundle Available with Red Giant Software PlaneSpace
The Camera Mapper/PlaneSpace bundle is only $229, a $49 savings if customers were to purchase the two software packages independently. PlaneSpace, developed by Red Giant Software, allows you to arrange and animate 3D layers easily. PlaneSpace eliminates the tedious task of managing the individual layers in multi-layer effects and automatically creates layers that form cubic, cylindrical, and spheroid shapes or complex matrices. Together, Camera Mapper and PlaneSpace are the perfect bundle for simulating a 3D scene from 2D footage right in After Effects.
Pricing and Availability
Camera Mapper represents a true breakthrough in pricing. At $79 it is affordable to even the most stretched budget. However, it offers the quality, speed and creativity that high-end plugins provide. Camera Mapper is available directly from Digieffects as well as its distributor and reseller partners. The plugin is compatible with Adobe After Effects 7, CS3 and CS4 and runs on Mac PPC, Mac Intel, and Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems.