While that iPad2 for $20 you just spotted for sale online may not be for real, there are plenty of real deals on editing and visual effects software to be had today. Software vendors are using the excuse of Cyber Monday to offer significant single-day to one-week discounts on their products. Several even got started on Black Friday. Here are some of the deeper discounts we’ve spotted thus far:
• Imagineer is offering a one-day half-off sale
on nodelocked or upgrades of mocha Pro. Those who own Adobe After Effects CS4-CS5 qualify for the upgrade.
• Adobe started offering Creative Suite for 30% off its upgrade price on Friday
. The company is also offering 30% off Photoshop CS5 and half off Photoshop Elements 10 or Premiere Elements 10. All deals are on through tomorrow, November 29.
• Avid seems to be keeping its Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals limited to its lower-end products like Avid Studio and Pinnacle Studio. The Pinnacle Studio HD Ultimate Collection v15 Upgrade Holiday Bundle starts at $69.99
• Now through Wednesday, Toolfarm is selling a boxed set of Boris FX suites for $995
, about $1,000 off the regular list price. The bundle includes BCC in all three of its usual flavors (AE, AVX and FxPlug), the company’s most recent transfer tools for AE and FCP, and for the old-school editor, the full Media 100 Suite.
• Assimilate’s new online store is getting in on the Cyber Monday action with 15 – 50%
off across most of its offerings, which include Scratch Lab and third-party software like Twixtor and GenArts Sapphire plug-ins. In a cross promotion with its dealer channel, Assimilate offers customers a bigger discount on higher ticket items like Lab with a coupon code customers can get from their local reseller (a full list of resellers is found here: www.assimilateinc.com/partners/resellers
•FXhome is discounting its HitFilm Ultimate visual effects and editing software by 20%
through midnight tonight. From the looks of the countdown clock on the company’s home page, you’ve got until midnight Pacific Time.