Will Work with Both Assimilate SCRATCH and SCRATCH Lab
Melbourne-based Bluefish444, makers of uncompressed 4K/2K/HD/SD-SDI video cards, has collaborated with Assimilate to develop a new Windows plug-in that will bring full-resolution 4K and 12-bit HD-SDI previews into both SCRATCH and SCRATCH Lab. The plug-in will work with Bluefish444's Epoch series of cards, including the Epoch | 4K Supernova, giving users better previews of the full range of high bit-depth imagery coming out of 4K cameras.
The Epoch | 4K Supernova video cards will support the following 4K SDI previews from within SCRATCH and SCRATCH Lab:
* Digital Cinema 4096 X 2160 4:2:2 YUV 8/10-bit HD-SDI preview
* 4K QFHD 3840 X 2160 4:2:2 YUV 8/10-bit HD-SDI preview
* Digital Cinema 4096 X 2160 4:4:4 RGB 8/10-bit Dual Link HD-SDI preview
* 4K QFHD 3840 X 2160 4:4:4 RGB 8/10-bit HD-SDI preview
* Up to 2048 X 1080 4:4:4 RGB 12-bit HD-SDI preview
* Hardware color space conversion between 8/10/12-bit YUV and RGB for HD-SDI preview
At IBC in Amsterdam, Bluefish444 will be giving demos at its booth (7.J07) of the HD RGB 12-bit SDI preview running from within Assimilate SCRATCH on a Sony OLED BVM-E250 12-bit SDI-capable broadcast monitor. The company will deliver the driver on its site as a free download in October.
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up to receive the StudioDaily Fix eletter containing the latest stories, including news, videos, interviews, reviews and more.