Apple Adds 4K Sony F55 Support to Final Cut Pro X
V10.0.8 Also Allows Display of ARRI Alexa Log-C ProRes Files with Rec. 709 Gamma
Apple made a new update to FCP X available for download today, bringing the version number to 10.0.8.
Sony shooters are likely to be happiest with this version, which adds support for Sony's new XAVC codec, which was introduced last year along with Sony's F5 and F55 camera launches. The FCP update supports up to 4K resolution from the F55.
Also new is a built-in option to display the ARRI Alexa's ProRes Log C files with a Rec. 709 gamma profile, making Alexa workflows a little more seamless.
Here's Apple's list of "what's new" in 10.0.8:
- Support for Sony XAVC codec up to 4K resolution
- Option to display ProRes Log C files from ARRI ALEXA cameras with standard Rec. 709 color and contrast levels
- Resolves an issue where some third-party effects generated green frames during render
- Resolves performance issues that could occur with certain titles and effects
- Time reversed clips render in the background
- Ability to use key commands to adjust Clip Appearance settings in the timeline
- Ability to view reel number metadata located in the timecode track of video files
- Mono audio files in a surround project export with correct volume levels
- Drop zones no longer reset to the first frame of video after application restart
- Fixes a performance issue which resulted from selecting multiple ranges on a single clip
- Fixes an issue where the Play Around function did not work properly on certain clips when viewed through external video devices
Download FCP X 10.0.8 via the Mac App Store.