Media and Entertainment Survey Results Presented at the 2014 Creative Storage Conference
Speaker Submission Deadline is April 18, 2014
San Jose, CA, February 20, 2014—The 2014 Creative Storage Conference (SM) (CS 2014) will feature results from the Coughlin Associates Professional Media and Entertainment Survey, now in process. This survey is intended for media and entertainment professionals and is designed to determine the industry's digital storage needs and expectations for the capture and creation of raw content, editing and post production, distribution of content, digital archiving as well as digital conversion and preservation. To take the survey, please go to the survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DKGZLNQ
High level survey results from 2013 can be found on the Coughlin Associates web page under Presentations and Articles at: http://www.tomcoughlin.com/techpapers.htm. Some highlights from the 2013 survey (and results from the previous surveys):
• Flash Memory grew to 59% of the storage used in professional cameras, up from 19% in 2009
• Network storage used in post production increased to 70.9% in 2013 from 53.8% in 2012
• In 2013 24.7% of the respondents said that they used cloud-based storage for editing and post-production versus 15.1% in 2012.
• 43.8% had over 2,000 hours of content in a long-term archive and 9.6% had over 5,000 hours of unconverted analog content in 2013.
• Digital tape was the most common archive media at 43% vs. hard disk drives at 31% in 2013. 4% of the participants said they archived on a private or public cloud
The Eighth Annual Creative Storage Conference (SM) (CS 2014) will be held Tuesday June 24, 2014 at the DoubleTree Hotel West Los Angeles in Culver City, CA (www.creativestorage.org). This event brings together digital storage providers, equipment and software manufacturers and professional media and entertainment end users to explore the conference theme of “Collaborative Workflows and Storage Objects”.
At CS 2014 you can find out about the latest developments in digital storage for media and entertainment and network with industry professionals. Topics to be covered include digital storage for content capture, post production, archiving and content distribution.
Presentations are now being solicited for the 2014 Creative Storage Conference (SM), until April 18, 2014. You can submit speakers/panelists for this premier event at http://www.creativestorage.org/2014SpeakersCall.htm. We have a great agenda planned with 5 sessions throughout the day. There will also be two keynote talks during the conference and perhaps a sponsored reception in the evening. The preliminary conference agenda is posted on the web site.