The newest version of Cospective CineSync adds File Sequence Playback, allowing multiple files to be played back on a single timeline, in a single continuous sequence.
That’s the marquee feature in CineSync 4.1.5, allowing users to quickly view shots from their Playlist in context rather than as isolated clips. A CineSync File Sequence puts a set of selected files on a timeline, allowing continuous playback. Handles can be set for all files in the Playlist or on a per-file basis, so that extraneous frames can be trimmed from the head and tail of each clip.
Any annotations applied to the sequence are maintained through the export process back to Shotgun and Ftrack, Cospective said.
The latest version reflects a few more changes. MacOS 10.8 and 10.9 are no longer supported, but functionality on Windows Surface has been improved. Here are some more release notes from Cospective:
- Fixed issues downloading and uploading files from Shotgun or ftrack, larger than 2GB
- Fixed issue if a download of a Shotgun or ftrack timed url fails to start before url times out
- Fixed issues playing frame sequences that contain frames containing an alpha channel
- The add/edit note button will remain active at all times to allow easy switching to the latest note
- Shotgun notes will now be linked to the version and any other Shotgun entity that is linked to that version
- Fixed focus issue in the notes panel
- Fixed sound sync issue with some files on OSX
- Re-enabled drawing whilst video is playing
- Various bug fixes and optimisations
CineSync 4.1.5 is available for download for MacOS, Windows and Linux 64. Pricing ranges from $99/month ($499/12 months) for a CineSync license for two users up to $999/month ($4999/12 months) for a CineSync Pro license for 10 users. Features exclusive to CineSync Pro include Shotgun, Ftrack and Aspera integration, a Python API, stereo 3D support, and more high-end tools.
Larger installations. or CineSync Pro Studio installations that include on-demand watermarking, guest authentication, and complete review records, require account customization via email: email@example.com.