- Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve 12 Enters Public Beta
- Fujinon Begins Shipping 4K Ultra HD Series Lenses for Broadcast
- How Pixar’s Inside Out Models Real-World Filmmaking Tools
- Podcasts from the Front Lines: Editor Roger Barton on Terminator Genisys
- Five Reasons Sony Is Getting into the Drone Business
Category Archives: Technology
5694 articles found
VFX supervisor Joe Letteri has won two Oscars, a Technical Achievement Award, and an Oscar nomination in the past three years at Weta Digital. Now, he's doing something really big: Peter Jackson's King Kong.
Navigating the lessons of their separate wins - and losses - in the DVD authoring market, Giant Interactive's David Anthony and Jeff Stabeneau now developing for the Sony PlayStation Portable, head straight back to the top.
While most were taking cover from one of the worst storms in U.S. history, veteran storm videographer Martin Lisius faced it head on. He was out capturing dramatic footage of Hurricane Katrina as it ripped
Traditionally, post-production facilities bring projects online only for short periods because of the amount of space that uncompressed media occupies on a disk. Each additional step in the post process then requires a layback.
This tutorial outlines the guiding principles and techniques that can give your 3D animation a traditional stop-motion look. Although this particular project was done in Softimage|XSI version 4.2, each step is generalized to apply to most 3D applications.