Provides Advanced Media Protection from Ingest to Archive
- NEW Integration with Flow for Complete Backup
- Integration between Ark and Flow ensures that all archived clips now have a record in the Flow database prior to being copied to Ark. Flow scans all clips to ensure that proxy files have been created. Ark updates the Flow database to keep a record of exactly where each archived is located. Flow users can then search and browse all clips stored on Ark.
- NEW Integration with Flow for Complete Restoration of Files
- Having a record in the Flow database of all archived or backed clips makes restoration of files from Ark easier than ever. It is now possible to search or browse for clips even though high-resolution versions are “offline” and stored only on Ark. Through Flow Browse, users can play low-resolution proxy versions, incorporate them into sequences, and then restore the desired high-resolution versions to any EditShare Media Space. From within Flow Browse, authorized editors are able to set up Restore jobs to occur instantly or at a later, scheduled time.
- NEW Support for Multi-Drive Tape Libraries
- Ark 2.0 supports a wide range of tape loaders and tape libraries. Autoloaders and libraries with multiple tape drives can now be used.
- NEW Activation Feature for Ark Disk
- A new activation feature allows customers to utilize their Ark Disk system as a rapid failover should one of their main storage systems fail.
- NEW Improved Tape Management
- The new Ark user interface now graphically shows which tapes are currently loaded into a Tape Library and in exactly which slot they can be found.
About EditShare Ark
Purpose-built media protection for broadcast and post
EditShare Ark provides digital and tape-based options for creating backups and archives or mirroring media spaces. Fully integrated with EditShare shared storage solutions, Ark provides economical media protection for EditShare users.
EditShare Ark Highlights:
- Media Asset Tracking – Archive media, bins, and sequences with metadata intact, ensuring quick searches for online and near-line archives.
- Multi-format Support – Backup or archive P2, XDCAM, and other file-based media.
- Automated and Manual Backups – Schedule backups to occur in the background or during off-peak times.
- Turn into EditShare – In the event of a system failure, Ark Disk can be activated into a high-functioning EditShare Storage Series system.
- Selected File Restore ‘ Browse backed up and archived clips in Flow Browse, preview their proxy files, then restore only the high-resolution clips you need.
EditShare will be exhibiting the new Ark 2.0 release at the NAB 2010 convention held in Las Vegas, NV on stand #SL4725.
For more information: www.editshare.com.
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up to receive the StudioDaily Fix eletter containing the latest stories, including news, videos, interviews, reviews and more.