With IBC beginning to crank up, there will probably be a ton of product updates and releases in the coming days. I saw one new product this morning that might be of interest to many editors out there: an updated Magic Bullet Suite from Red Giant Software. Magic Bullet Suite 10 updates the ever-useful package with new versions and new applications. Of course there’s the new Colorista II. but the popular looks products are all included as well: Magic Bullet Looks 1.4, Mojo and Photolooks. Still in the package are Frames and Instant HD. New to the package is Grinder as well as an entirely new product called Magic Bullet Denoiser. This stand-alone denoiser looks nice, and Red Giant says it’s “faster than After Effects’ built-in de-noising feature and yields superior results with less blurring and better preservation of fine details.” Denoising often softens the frame and it was sometimes quite noticeable in the denoise parameter that was part of the old Magic Bullet Steady. Speaking of Steady, it has been discontinued so it’s not part of the new Magic Bullet Suite 10. There’s an official statement about this on the Red Giant site.
From the Red Giant website Reasons to Buy column:
- Incredible value with 8 products including 3 brand new ones
- 64 bit compatibility provides significant performance gains
- Everything you need for SD to HD or Film output with high-quality frame rate conversion
- Includes primary (Colorista) color correction tools and Looks in one package for all your color correction needs
- Works in a wide variety of host applications
- Save nearly $400 over the cost of buying individual products
- Includes the standalone LooksBuilder tool to design Looks on set
The Magic Bullet Suite 10 is $799, but upgrade options that runs from $99 to $399. And it’s all 64-bit/CS5 ready. There will probably be a lot of high-end news coming out of IBC this week (just watch fxguidetv episode 91 about the new Autodesk Flame Premium) so it’s nice to get things started with an update to an affordable tool that many of us use on a daily basis.
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up to receive the StudioDaily Fix eletter containing the latest stories, including news, videos, interviews, reviews and more.