If you’re one of the Mac faithful who found Soundbooth CS5 to not be up to snuff for your in-depth audio editing sessions, now is your chance to download the new beta release of Adobe Audition for Mac and give it a try. I personally haven’t used Soundbooth very much, choosing Apple Soundtrack Pro for the minor audio editing and mixing I do outside of the NLE. From the Adobe website, Audition for Mac offers:
- Fast start-up, high performance multi-threaded processing, and parallel workflows
- Powerful audio editing and multitrack mixing views
- Superior noise reduction capabilities
- Native 5.1 Surround support and multi-channel effects, plus other new effects
- Optimized audio post-production workflows
Check out the Audition FAQ on Adobe’s site, as well as the dedicated discussion forum and some videos. The video embedded above is one of many on the video page. The beta is free, so grab it and test it out before it’s gone.
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up to receive the StudioDaily Fix eletter containing the latest stories, including news, videos, interviews, reviews and more.