Allows MXO2 Devices to Take Advantage of High-Speed I/O Running at 10 Gb/s Across a Single Cable to Apple MacBook Pro Computers
A live demonstration of the Matrox MXO2 devices featuring Thunderbolt technology running with Final Cut Pro on the new 15-inch MacBook Pro will be featured at NAB 2011 in booth SL2515.
Key Features of Matrox MXO2 Family
· Convenient form factors for use in studio, on set, in the field, and in OB vans
· Works with laptops and desktop systems
· Connects via PCIe, ExpressCard/34, or Thunderbolt technology
· Broadcast-quality HD/SD video and audio input/output
· Extensive application support including Adobe CS 5.5 Production Premium, Apple Final Cut Studio, and Avid Media Composer
· 10-bit HDMI input, output, and monitoring with the unique Matrox HDMI Calibration Utility
· 10-bit realtime hardware up/down/cross conversion on capture and output
· Matrox MAX option for lightning fast H.264 encoding
Price and Availability
The full range of Thunderbolt technology enabled Matrox MXO2 devices will be available from authorized dealers worldwide in July 2011 at prices starting from $649 US ( £460, Ã¢Â‚Â¬530), not including local taxes. Matrox Thunderbolt adapters for all MXO2 devices can be purchased as an add-on at $299 US ( £199, Ã¢Â‚Â¬249).
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up to receive the StudioDaily Fix eletter containing the latest stories, including news, videos, interviews, reviews and more.