Six New Products in Booth SL3327C
Red Giant Software creates simple tools for Giant results. We provide software for motion design, photography and color correction that is used for everything from major motion pictures to worldwide TV shows to web production. The following products will be on display in the Red Giant booth SL3327C (South Hall) at NAB.
Color grading tools: Colorista Free and LUT Buddy (Coming Soon)
Red Giant is staffed by filmmaker enthusiasts who value tools that help us share and communicate, and we feel some basic things should be free. That’s why we are giving away two new tools that bring simple color grading to the filmmaking community. Colorista Free is a simplified, elegant color corrector that contains our popular 3-Way color wheels and is workflow-ready for sharing Color Decision List (CDL) data. LUT Buddy is a professional workflow tool for moving Look Up Table (LUT) values between any compliant software or hardware, bridging the gap between high end and entry level color work.
DSLR video app: Magic Bullet Grinder 1.5 (Coming Soon)
Magic Bullet Grinder converts your DSLR/HDSLR video to edit-friendly formats, adds timecode and generates web-resolution proxies, all in a single time-saving pass. Version 1.5 adds new features such as:
- New Timecode options, including using your camera’s EXIF data
- New Codec choices for Apple ProRes HQ, Standard and LT
- New Conform Frame Rate option for conforming clips from 30p to 25p
- More customizable output filename templates
- New Growl Support for notifications
Guru Preset Packs: Motion graphics templates & film looks (Coming Soon)
Red Giant ‘Gurus’ are the innovators and artists that define the cutting edge visuals in all kinds of media. Our Gurus design amazing, high-quality collections of presets that work with the latest versions of our products. With two soon to be released products, our library of Guru Preset Packs will grow to include 16 collections. Look for these new products in May 2011:
- Sports Motion Graphics for Trapcode Suite includes 25 stunning high-def customizable sports graphic templates, in 5 unique themes, that include lower thirds, transitions, bumpers, and full screen text boxes. In addition there are sound effects and 20 sports film looks included.
- Eric Escobar’s Indie Film II for Looks offers compelling film looks to help define the mood of your footage in Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and more.
Mobile apps: Movie Looks and Noir (Coming Soon)
Growing on the success of Plastic Bullet, we are expanding our family of mobile products with two new apps that apply beautiful cinematic color treatments. Movie Looks adds instant Hollywood appeal to movies on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, making them look like they were shot for the big screen. Noir applies rich black-and-white and dramatic lighting to photographs on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPad, for an easy and fun way to tell a story. Movie Looks and Noir were designed by filmmakers and professional colorists, and bring a decade of experience in crafting industry-standard color tools directly to your mobile video and photos.
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up to receive the StudioDaily Fix eletter containing the latest stories, including news, videos, interviews, reviews and more.