AJA shipped the Kumo 1616-12G, a new router with 16 12G-SDI inputs and outputs. It’s designed to provide the bandwidth needed for high-frame-rate and deep-color workflow at up to 8K resolution for broadcast, production and pro AV users.
The new model has the same form factor as the Kumo 1616 3G-SDI router router and is controllable via network.
Here’s AJA’s bulleted list of Kumo 1616-12G features:
- 16x 12G-SDI inputs and 16x outputs for up to 4K/UltraHD support at 60p over a single cable
- Small, compact 1RU form factor
- Multi-port gang control supports up to 8K resolutions
- Redundant power supply option
- Eight salvos per router
- Embedded web server for remote control on any standard web browser
- USB port to easily configure the router IP address and simplify initial network configuration
- Auto re-clocking SDI rates: 270 Mbps /1.483/1.485/2.967/2.970/5.934/5.940/11.868/11.880 Gbps
- Support for AJA KUMO Control Panels (hardware, with direct connect or networked)
- 5-year warranty and support
The Kumo 1616-12G is available from AJA resellers worldwide for a MSRP of $2,495.