The finalists in the third-annual StudioDaily Prime Awards represent the top tier of new technology, creative thinking, and high-end craftsmanship in media and entertainment. These game-changing new products, forward-thinking companies, and innovative people are driving this industry. Congratulations to all the winners!
The StudioDaily Prime Awards, hosted this year by The Studio-B&H during a special presentation on the show floor at NAB , spotlight engineering excellence, usability and value in technology products shipped during the preceding calendar year. Judges evaluated entries based on the criteria of Features, Innovation, Value, and Ease of Use.
The judging panel was drawn from the ranks of StudioDaily contributors as well as from the industry at large. This year’s group included Nathan Adams of Cinematomic, Joe Beirne of Technicolor PostWorks in New York, cinematographer Barry Braverman, cinematographer Randall Dark, Studio contributor David English, Chris Jacobson of SIM Digital, cinematographer David Leitner, Tom McCarthy at Sony Pictures Post-Production, Alexis Nelson and Rick Sander from Hoax Films, Josh Rizzo from Hula Post, and editor Scott Simmons, who also writes for Pro Video Coalition.
Best in Show
- Blackmagic Design Da Vinci Resolve 10
- ARRI/ZEISS Master Anamorphic Lenses
- Cinematographer – Andrew Shulkind
- Light Iron
- Forbidden Technologies – FORscene
- Harmonic – MediaGrid Shared Storage System
- ProMAX Systems – The New Platform Series
- Vicon – Cara Facial Motion Capture System
- Fujifilm / Fujinon – Cabrio Series PL Lenses
- NewTek, Inc. – TriCaster 410 Professional Multi-Camera Production System
- The Padcaster 2.0
- The Tiffen Company – Variable Neutral Density Filters
- ZEISS – Compact Zoom CZ.2 Lens Family
- AJT Systems – LiveBook GFX
- Assimilate SCRATCH Play Pro Media Player
- Blackmagic – Pocket Cinema Camera
- Colorist – Shadi Abu Sharar, Urban films, Dubai
- CNN – New Media Virtual Studio
- EditShare – Lightworks for Mac OS
- EditShare – XStream with Integrated Media Asset Management
- Gefen – 32×32 Modular Matrix
- HP – Z27i 27-inch IPS Display
- HP – ZBook 17 mobile workstation
- Ocean Video – EnduroPower
- The Tiffen Company – Steadicam CURVE for GoPro HERO Cameras
- The Tiffen Company – Steadicam SOLO Stabilizer and Monopod
- Tiffen Satin and Tiffen – Black Satin Motion Picture and Television Filters
Contact Mary-Lou French at email@example.com or 301.354.1851.