Autodesk Upgrades Smoke 2013 with Blackmagic IO
Next Week's Release to Incorporate SonyRAW Support, Better Conform with FCP X
Autodesk today announced feature upgrades that will be included in Autodesk Smoke 2013 Extension 1, a release that incorporates the recently announced technology collaboration between Autodesk and Blackmagic Design.
"Community feedback has been tremendous, and with this extension release Smoke will now include two highly requested features: Blackmagic video card support and a powerful new set of trim tools," said Autodesk Media & Entertainment SVP Chris Bradshaw in a prepared statement. The new version is set for release May 29.
With Extension 1, Smoke will also add support for SonyRAW footage from the Sony F5 and F55, as well as tweaks to the Final Cut Pro X workflow that improve the accuracy of speed changes as well as support for ProRes from the ARRI Alexa.
Here are the bullet points from Autodesk:
• New support for Blackmagic DeckLink, UltraStudio and Intensity series video IO devices
• New Trim View and new dynamic trimming tools for faster editing
• New support for SonyRAW footage from Sony F5 and F55 cameras
• Improved conform workflow with Apple Final Cut Pro X allows more accurate translation of speed changes and ability to conform ARRI Alexa ProRes files
• Improved feedback mechanisms help editors better track background processes, monitor renders and identify errors
• Improved performance in MediaHub when navigating large data sets
• Improved 3D compositing performance in Action when working with 3D objects, shaders and textures
A standalone Smoke license for new customers is $3495, plus an additional $675 annual subscription option. A trial version is free for 30 days. For more information, visit www.autodesk.com/products/smoke/overview