Digital Film Tools (DFT) released v3.0 of Film Stocks, its plug-in for quick photo and video look-generation based on the visual characteristics of film stocks — as well as color-grading presets inspired by the likes of 2001: A Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, King Kong and Saving Private Ryan.
The new version of Film Stocks also includes an interface with master, highlights, midtones and shadows color wheels for making adjustments to brightness, hue and saturation.
Here’s DFT’s run-down of everything that’s available in the new version.
- 329 analog photographic film presets
- Select from Agfa, Fuji, Ilford, Kodak, Polaroid and Rollei color and black and white film stocks
- Choose from a wide range of historical photographic processes
- Get the skewed color look of Bleach Bypass, Cross processing and Technicolor® Three Strip and Two Strip processes
- Apply Lo-Fi photographic looks from Lomo and Holga toy cameras
- Age your images for a vintage effect with the look of faded films
- Simulate film grunge by adding film dirt, hair, scratches, stains, splotches, gate weave, and flicker
- 89 color grading presets from Academy Award nominated movies including 2001 A Space Odyssey, Apocalypse Now, Blade Runner, Back to the Future, Frankenstein, Gone with the Wind, King Kong, Saving Private Ryan and Titanic
- Create your own film stock presets
- Layering system for multiple film stock application *
- Sophisticated yet easy-to-use masking tools *
- Add a vignette to any preset
- Modify images with presets or sliders
- Quickly search for presets
- 32-bit image processing
- Multi-processor acceleration
- GPU Acceleration
* Photo plug-in versions
The video/film version of the Film Stocks plug-in is $95 and works with Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Apple Motion 4, Avid Media Composer, Assimilate Scratch, Blackmagic Design Da Vinci Resolve, Sony Catalyst, Foundry Nuke and Vegas Pro. A single license authorizes the software for all programs installed on the same workstation.
A photo version is $50 and is compatible with Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, and Lightroom. Upgrades are $25 for the photo plug-in and $50 for the video/film plug-in.
Digital Film Tools: www.digitalfilmtools.com