Newest MPEG Gearbox Systems Ã¢Â€Â“ IP to ASI and SMPTE 310 to IP Ã¢Â€Â“ are Now Shipping
Each system transcodes one or two HD streams (1080i or 720p) or five to ten SD streams from MPEG-2 to H.264 or vice-versa, and outputs the streams over ASI or IP. The MPEG Gearbox ASI/IP and MPEG Gearbox SMPTE 310/IP can also receive 1 to 4+ MPEG-2 channels and output them to a dedicated IP network as MPEG-2 streams.
Audio support is MPEG, AAC/MPEG-4, or AC-3 passthrough.
The three transcoders with IP output ‘ MPEG Gearbox ASI/IP, MPEG Gearbox IP/IP, and MPEG Gearbox SMPTE 310/IP ‘ generate IP streams that can be viewed on television sets with standard IP capable set-top boxes, or on computers using streaming video software clients such as VLC or Mplayer. MPEG Gearboxes are typically deployed in “closed” systems such as hotels, universities, and corporations, where bandwidth is dedicated and is used for this purpose only.
“We recommend the MPEG Gearbox to systems integrators who need to stream ASI or IP content on dedicated networks,” stated Laszlo Zoltan, Sales Manager for DVEO. “The systems are reliable, easy to use, and very cost efficient.”
MPEG Gearboxes feature very low latency, PID filtering of all unwanted traffic, and a simple GUI for operation. The H.264 transcoders support both NTSC and PAL, and can also be used as PAL to NTSC converters.
- Input format can be MPEG-2 or H.264
- Output format can be MPEG-2 or H.264
- Input: DVB ASI or IP (depending on version)
- Output: DVB-ASI or IP (depending on version)
- Supports NTSC or PAL
- Will work as a PAL to NTSC converter
- Transcoding bit rates: 64 Kbps to 12 Mbps
- Resolutions: SQVGA, QCIF, QVGA, SIF, VGA, or any custom size up to 1080i
- Supports SD or HD input
- Up to 1080i HD output
- Very low latency
- Transcodes one or two HD streams (1080i or 720p) or 5 to 6 SD streams from MPEG-2 to H.264 (CPU dependent) or vice-versa
- MPEG Gearbox ASI/IP and MPEG Gearbox SMPTE 310/IP can also receive 1 to 4+ MPEG-2 channels and output them to IP network as MPEG-2 streams
- SNMP support
- Tested compatible with major brands of H.264 decoders
- Audio support: AAC, MPEG audio, or AC-3 passthrough
- Settings are remembered when power cycled
- Based on embedded Linux
Note: MPEG Gearbox ASI/IP and MPEG Gearbox IP/IP are typically deployed in “closed” systems where bandwidth is dedicated and is used for this purpose only. They are not designed to work over the public internet.
Suggested Retail Prices:
MPEG Gearbox IP/ASI ‘ $5,495 U.S.
MPEG Gearbox ASI/IP ‘ $5,495 U.S.
MPEG Gearbox ASI/ASI ‘ $5,995 U.S.
MPEG Gearbox IP/IP ‘ $4,490 U.S.
MPEG Gearbox SMPTE 310/IP ‘ $5,995 U.S.
For more information: www.dveo.com.
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up to receive the StudioDaily Fix eletter containing the latest stories, including news, videos, interviews, reviews and more.