The American Society of Cinematographers has announced its Outstanding Achievement Awards in three categories honoring work for commercial and premium television.
As is its wont, Game of Thrones took a leading position, earning nominations for two different episodes from its recently completed season, "Book of the Stranger" and the exceptionally award-friendly "Battle of the Bastards." And HBO dominated overall, with its programs earning three more nominations —the pilots for Westworld, All the Way, and The Night Of are all up for awards.
The ASC's 31st annual Outstanding Achievement Awards will be given out at a ceremony at the Hollywood & Highland Ray Dolby Ballroom on February 4. The full list of nominees, selected by active ASC members who voted on submitted programs, follows.
Regular Series for Non-Commercial Television
• John Conroy for Penny Dreadful, “The Day Tennyson Died” (SHOWTIME)
• David Dunlap for House of Cards, “Chapter 45” (NETFLIX)
• Anette Haellmigk for Game of Thrones, “Book of the Stranger” (HBO)
• Neville Kidd for Outlander, “Prestonpans” (STARZ)
• Fabian Wagner, BSC for Game of Thrones, “Battle of the Bastards” (HBO)
Regular Series for Commercial Television
• Tod Campbell for Mr. Robot, “eps2.0_unm4sk-pt1.tc” (USA)
• John Grillo for Preacher, “Finish the Song” (AMC)
• Kevin McKnight for Underground, “The Macon 7” (WGN)
• Christopher Norr for Gotham, “Wrath of the Villains: Mr. Freeze” (FOX)
• Richard Rutkowski for Manhattan, “Jupiter” (WGN)
Movie, Miniseries, or Pilot for Television
• Balazs Bolygo, HSC, BSC for Harley and the Davidsons, “Amazing Machine” (DISCOVERY)
• Paul Cameron, ASC for Westworld, “The Original” (HBO)
• Jim Denault, ASC for All The Way (HBO)
• Alex Disenhof for The Exorcist, “Chapter One: And Let My Cry Come Unto Thee” (FOX)
• Igor Martinovic for The Night Of, “Subtle Beast” (HBO)
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up to receive the StudioDaily Fix eletter containing the latest stories, including news, videos, interviews, reviews and more.