From formats to flight plans, here's a round-up of this week's news for...
Studio Job Listings
- Sr. Graphic Designer - Bright House networks - Saint Petersburg, Florida
- Bureau Director I (Assistant Director of Technical Services) -...
- Director of Production/Programming - ValleyPBS - Fresno, California
- Writer/Producer - Cause & [Effect] - New York, New York
- Broadcast Technician (1867) - American University - Washington,...
Follow us on Twitter
@StudioDailyTweets by @StudioDaily
- Anti-Subsidy Org ADAPT Readies Fundraiser, Plans SIGGRAPH Q&A
- X-Men, The Lego Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Boxtrolls Highlight SIGGRAPH Sessions
- Avid Launches New Media Composer Software
- Sony’s PXW-X70 Is WiFi-Controllable But Needs a 4K Upgrade
- Footage Firm Adds Royalty-Free Stock Music to Subscription-Based Services Suite
- HPA Slates Hollywood Symposium Leading into SMPTE 2014
- Blackmagic Adds Heads-Up Display to 4K Production Camera
- Director Anthony C. Ferrante on Sharknado 2
- ProMax Systems Acquires Cache-A
- New VFX House Origin Digital Studios Opens in Burbank
Avid released the latest version of its Media Composer Software today, adding a slew of new features on the timeline aimed...
It's back! Syfy's shark-infested waterspout of a TV movie, Sharknado, was an instant cult classic and social-media...
It's not all bad news for VFX in Los Angeles. Today, VFX veteran Mark Miller said he is opening a new VFX house, Origin...
The Daily Feed
Autodesk shows off Bifrost, the new procedural effects platform designed...
- Movie Film, at Death’s Door, Gets a Reprieve
[via The Wall Street Journal]
- More Financial Struggles for DreamWorks Animation
[via The New York Times]
- Elizabeth Banks to Produce Comedy Series for Paramount Digital
[via The Wrap]
- Apple Refreshes MacBook Pro with Retina Display Lineup, Drops Prices
[via ZDNet/Hardware 2.0]
- Sharknado 2 and Vashi’s Premiere Pro Editorial Workflow
[via Pro Video Coalition]
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Jul 30 Roof Studios for US Cellular
In this new short film for US Cellular, Brooklyn's Roof Studios highlights simple, summertime pleasures with a blend of paper cutout-style 2D illustration and 3D animation, bringing a refreshing hand-crafted feel to a typically VFX-infused landscape. Roof co-founders Vinicius Costa, Guto …
Do you reflexively click the "Skip Ad" button every single time a pre-roll ad plays in front of a YouTube video? The creatives at Providence, RI agency Nail Communications wondered if it would be possible to make a pre-roll ad that users would not want to skip — and every time they're pro…
Hear the unlikely story behind the Star Wars lightsaber sound, as told by renowned sound-effects wizard Ben Burtt in this excerpt from the special features that originally appeared on the 1993 laserdisc release of the Star Wars trilogy.