Welcome to Peter Plantec's Entirely Biased Golden Pixie Awards. Yes, I started awarding Pixies...
Studio Job Listings
- Demonstrator in Computer Animation - Bournemouth University -...
- Media Content Producer - Community Media Center - Westminster, Maryland
- Multimedia Specialist/Social Media Manager - Ohio Northern...
- Character TD - Studio352 - Contern, Luxembourg
- Broadcast Journalism - Assistant Professor - California State...
Follow us on Twitter
@StudioDailyTweets by @StudioDaily
- Canon Announces EOS C100 Mark II Camera for December Release
- Editors Alan Heim, Randy Roberts to Get HPA Lifetime Achievement Awards
- NewTek Set to Ship $7,995 TriCaster Mini
- Tascam Ships New Mic-Attached Audio Recorders
- Canon Sets 50–1000mm Cine-Servo Zoom for Early 2015
- EPs James Rota and John Ramsay on Foo Fighters Sonic Highways
- After More Layoffs, Kodak’s Film Business May Be in Jeopardy
- Movidiam Network Aims to Connect Filmmakers, Agencies and Brands
- StudioDaily Dossier: Gone Girl Production and Post
- Panasonic Prices the New VariCams
Canon upgraded its EOS C100 camera to "Mark II" status, adding a number of refinements to the original design. New in the...
Stoopid Buddy Stoodios, helmed by Robot Chicken producers Seth Green and Matthew Senreich, will offer a two-hour animation...
It's been a year of feel-good stories for fans of motion picture film. Quentin Tarantino converted the New Beverly revival...
The Daily Feed
Autodesk shows off Bifrost, the new procedural effects platform designed...
- World Series Ratings Strikeout: Giants vs. Royals Opener Is Worst Ever in Metered Markets
[via The Wrap]
- Warner Bros. Unit Hit With Racketeering Lawsuit Over The Conjuring, The Hobbit
[via The Hollywood Reporter/Hollywood, Esq.]
- YouTube Launches Videolab in Chelsea Market November 6
[via NYC Production & Post News]
- Peter Sohn Named New Director of Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur
[via Cartoon Brew]
- Seven Game of Thrones Rumors Debunked
[via Entertainment Weekly/Inside TV]
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Oct 22 All That Jazz: Fosse Time
Watch fim critic Matt Zoller Seitz dig into the editorial technique of director/choreographer Bob Fosse and Oscar-winning film editor Alan Heim, ACE, on All That Jazz, tracing some of the stylistic choices back to the French New Wave.
Oct 21 Lights Out
Swedish director and animator David F. Sandberg won the Best Short award at the 2014 Bilbao Fantasy Film Festival with this scary little flick starring Lotta Losten. After you've watched it, check out his spoilerific breakdown of the final shot.
VFX artist Dave Fothergill (Nova, Stephen Hawking's Universe) rendered this short but hilarious demo with Arnold to show off the "servo force" simulation in the free Miarmy crowd-simulation toolkit for Maya, which allows "struggling" animations in place of simple rag-doll physics.