I have always been a rule-breaker — as I believe many of you are. I follow civil rules, but...
Studio Job Listings
- Web and Digital Media Specialist (7445U), #18803 - UC Berkeley
- Professor- Director, Digital Production Arts Program - Clemson...
- Video Producer/Editor/Compositor - Hart - Maumee, Ohio
- AV Technician, Cage Management - Woodbury University - Burbank, California
- Senior Designer, Digital Media - ESPN - Bristol, Connecticut
Follow us on Twitter
@StudioDailyTweets by @StudioDaily
- Editor Dody Dorn on Fury‘s Wrenching Mortal Combat
- Avid Says 3,200 Users Are Paying for Media Composer Subscriptions
- People & Places: Alan Tudyk Directs, Austin’s New Film Studio, The Foundry’s Mischief and More
- From the Trenches: The Panasonic AJ-PX270 Goes Behind the Scenes for Equals
- Sounddogs Buys Todd-Soundelux Sound-Effects Libraries
- Panavision’s New Primo 70 Lenses Are in Stock and Ready to Go
- Edward Snowden Doc Citizenfour Leads Nominees for Cinema Eye Honors
- JVC Announces Three Sub-$4500 4K Ultra HD Camcorders for 2015
- Quantum Bows StorNext Pro Foundation Shared Storage
- Blackmagic Design Releases Free Version of Fusion 7
Following up my initial impressions of Panasonic’s AJ-PX270 back in April, I have since had the opportunity to work...
Dody Dorn, ACE, began her career as an assistant film editor, as most editors do. But she soon moved on to Foley and...
The Daily Feed
In this nine-minute video tutorial, Graham Austin of South Africa's DI...
- Mike Nichols, Acclaimed Director of The Graduate, Dies at 83
[via The New York Times]
- Steve Jobs Film Moving From Sony; Will Universal Make The Movie?
[via Deadline Hollywood]
- Strategy of DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg Is Questioned
[via Los Angeles Times]
- Interstellar-Themed Short Film in the Works from Google Play, Paramount
[via The Wrap]
- A Scanner Darkly‘s Head of Animation Talks About the Film’s Hellish Production
[via The Dissolve]
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Turn back time and watch Leslie Caron hand the Oscar to Mike Nichols for his second film as director, The Graduate.
Nov 19 Biolapse: Carnivora Gardinum
Turns out carnivorous plants are even freakier looking when you shoot them in time-lapse. Filmmaker Chris Field made this video over the course of 107 days straight shooting with Fujifilm X-E1 and X-M1 mirrorless digital cameras. Click through to the Vimeo page to see more about the equip…
California start-up Hendo Hover claims its Magnetic Field Architecture will eventually be used to lift buildings off the ground in case of earthquake or flood. To earn some publicity, it built a hoverboard as a proof of concept; Tony Hawk (who participated in an infamous hoverboard hoax e…