If you were scoping out camera gear at NAB, you probably saw the Movi from Freefly. Described...
Sponsored Blog Posts
I just returned from the National Association of Broadcasters Show in Las Vegas and the theme of the event was “The Changing Face of Media & Entertainment.” This topic seems particularly relevant due to the insatiable demand for content via traditional media outlets such as televisions, movie theaters and the myriad of new devices including tablets, smart phones, and gaming devices that are all connected to the internet.
Kappa Studios switches from Avid to an all Adobe workflow for the production of Cartoon Network's new hit show Annoying Orange.
Studio Job Listings
- Production Facilitator - Manhattan Neighborhood Network - NY
- Visiting Assistant Professor of World Cinema - Hampshire College -...
- Videographer/Editor - Arizona Public Media - Tucson, AZ
- Executive Producer - Arizona Public Media - Tucson, Arizona
- Television Production Manager - Arizona Public Media - Tucson, AZ
Follow us on Twitter
- Haunting Melissa Is a Horror Show Crafted for iPad and iPhone
- 2013 Post-NAB Camera Update
- Convergent Design Sets Pricing for Odyssey7 OLED Recorders
- Essential Gear: Cameras
- Kodak Names Christian Richter Its Film Lab and Studio Relationship Manager
- EditShare Ships Field 2 Portable Shared-Storage System
- Shotgun Software Releases Shotgun Version 5.0
- SIM Digital Buys PS Production Services
- Five Questions: From Queens to Cairo Director Sherif Sadek
- Sarah Polley on Secrets, Super 8, and Stories We Tell
2013 is shaping up as an exciting, groundbreaking year for camera technology and workflows, as users itch to put 4K...
The Daily Feed
Make stock footage your own by using After Effects to simulate...
- Star Trek Into Darkness Can’t Hit Warp Speed at Box Office
[via The Wrap]
- Warner Bros. Wins Lawsuit Over Fictional Technology in Dark Knight Rises
[via Hollywood, Esq.]
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Remake Put on Hold
[via The Guardian]
- Look Past the Dragons in Game of Thrones
- Average Shot Length of Six Famous Directors
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Discovery Networks put this beautifully photographed footage of chickens on the Kansas prairie online as an example of the wildlife action to be found in its new seven-part series North America, which debuted last night.
May 17 Ring of Fire
Photographer Colin Legg captured these images of an annular solar eclipse at sunrise from three different vantage points in Western Australia using Canon 5D Mark II cameras for time-lapse and a Canon 1D C for 4K video. "Hard gig shooting the sun," Legg notes in the Vimeo comments, but we think...
May 16 Visual Arabia 2013
Animator Juan Behrens drew on Arabic calligraphy to create a series of strikingly original graphic motifs for the opening titles of Visual Arabia 2013, a creative and design conference held this March in Dubai. Read more about it at Forget the Film, Watch the Titles.