If you were scoping out camera gear at NAB, you probably saw the Movi from Freefly. Described...
Sponsored Blog Posts
I just returned from the National Association of Broadcasters Show in Las Vegas and the theme of the event was “The Changing Face of Media & Entertainment.” This topic seems particularly relevant due to the insatiable demand for content via traditional media outlets such as televisions, movie theaters and the myriad of new devices including tablets, smart phones, and gaming devices that are all connected to the internet.
Kappa Studios switches from Avid to an all Adobe workflow for the production of Cartoon Network's new hit show Annoying Orange.
Studio Job Listings
- Graphics Designer - Procentrix, Inc. - Herndon, VA
- Design Director - REELZ Channel - Albuquerque, NM
- APAC Facilities Senior Manager - Dolby Laboratories - Beijing, China
- Production Facilitator - Manhattan Neighborhood Network - NY
- Lighting Technical Director - Brown Bag Films - Dublin, Ireland
Follow us on Twitter
- Q&A: Ntropic’s Nate Robinson on Marco Brambilla’s Creation [Megaplex] 3D
- Autodesk Upgrades Smoke 2013 with Blackmagic IO
- Red Giant’s BulletProof Enters Free Public Beta
- Haunting Melissa Is a Horror Show Crafted for iPad and iPhone
- 2013 Post-NAB Camera Update
- Convergent Design Sets Pricing for Odyssey7 OLED Recorders
- Essential Gear: Cameras
- Kodak Names Christian Richter Its Film Lab and Studio Relationship Manager
- EditShare Ships Field 2 Portable Shared-Storage System
- Shotgun Software Releases Shotgun Version 5.0
Autodesk today announced feature upgrades that will be included in Autodesk Smoke 2013 Extension 1, a release that...
If you've ever been to New York's Standard Hotel, you've seen the work of Marco Brambilla, a New York-based video artist...
The Daily Feed
Make stock footage your own by using After Effects to simulate...
- Next Xbox Will Face New Array of Rivals
[via The New York Times]
- Toronto Fest Lands World Premiere Of Godfrey Reggio’s Visitors
[via Deadline Hollywood]
- The Production Costs of 4K: From Acquisition to Archiving
[via AbelCine CineTechnica]
- Apple’s “Gesture Control of Multimedia Editing Applications” Patent
- Cars Crashed, Smashed and Trashed in Fast & Furious 6
[via L.A. Times]
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Musician-actress Zooey Deschanel turns director with this music video for the new single from her She & Him duo for production company Doomsday Entertainment. The DP was Matthew J. Lloyd, CSC, it was edited by Luke Lynch, and the dance choreograpy is by Sophie Olson.
Remember when James Cameron made a little movie about space marines and a hazardous bug hunt? So do the fans behind this cartoon remake from 1A4 Studio, which compresses two hours of Aliens into just one minute of animation. (NSFW, maybe, if you have the volume up.)
Discovery Networks put this beautifully photographed footage of chickens on the Kansas prairie online as an example of the wildlife action to be found in its new seven-part series North America, which debuted last night.