I have always been a rule-breaker — as I believe many of you are. I follow civil rules, but...
Studio Job Listings
- Director, Broadcast Production (Home Entertainment) - 20th Century...
- Web and Digital Media Specialist (7445U), #18803 - UC Berkeley - Los...
- Digital Video Production Faculty, Full-Time - Community College of...
- Professor- Director, Digital Production Arts Program - Clemson...
- Video Producer/Editor/Compositor - Hart - Maumee, Ohio
Follow us on Twitter
@StudioDailyTweets by @StudioDaily
- Review: HP Z840 Workstation
- RagLite Crowdsources Rollout of Portable Cine LED Lights
- Blackmagic Upgrades Ursa to Shoot 4K at 80p
- 4K Cameras: What’s the State of the Art in 2014?
- Polecam/Antelope Camera Rig Captures 350 fps Underwater
- Editor Dody Dorn on Fury‘s Wrenching Mortal Combat
- Avid Says 3,200 Users Are Paying for Media Composer Subscriptions
- People & Places: Alan Tudyk Directs, Austin’s New Film Studio, The Foundry’s Mischief and More
- From the Trenches: The Panasonic AJ-PX270 Goes Behind the Scenes for Equals
- Sounddogs Buys Todd-Soundelux Sound-Effects Libraries
It has been just two years since HP introduced its flagship Z820 workstation. And, almost like clockwork, we’re ready for a...
Dody Dorn, ACE, began her career as an assistant film editor, as most editors do. But she soon moved on to Foley and...
The Daily Feed
In this nine-minute video tutorial, Graham Austin of South Africa's DI...
- Hackers Shut Down Sony Pictures’ Computers and Are Blackmailing the Studio
[via The Verge]
- Wonder Woman Movie Signs Michelle MacLaren to Develop, Direct
[via Los Angeles Times/Hero Complex]
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Teaser Trailers to Hit 30 Theaters Thanksgiving Weekend
[via The Wrap]
- The Economy of Web Series and Five Questions for This Is Not a Conspiracy Theory Director Kirby Ferguson
- John Cleese on the Two Elements You Need to Empower Your Creativity
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Nov 25 MPC Godzilla VFX Breakdown
MPC just released this breakdown reel showing its monstrous work as the lead VFX studio on Godzilla. The Academy hasn't yet announced its VFX shortlist, but it's hard to imagine this king of contemporary monster movies won't make the cut. The effort was led by MPC Vancouver VFX Supervisor…
Nov 24 Beyoncé "7/11"
Beyoncé is the top-earning woman in music, earning $115 million in 2014, according to Forbes. She can afford whatever she wants. Even so, her new video is a completely low-budget affair — just Beyoncé and a few friends dancing around the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in their underwear in front …
Nov 21 Red: A Kubrick Supercut
Short and sweet (with a couple of NSFW moments), this montage created by Rishi Kaneria takes in Stanley Kubrick's striking usage of the color red in shots from seven different films.