If you were scoping out camera gear at NAB, you probably saw the Movi from Freefly. Described...
Sponsored Blog Posts
I just returned from the National Association of Broadcasters Show in Las Vegas and the theme of the event was “The Changing Face of Media & Entertainment.” This topic seems particularly relevant due to the insatiable demand for content via traditional media outlets such as televisions, movie theaters and the myriad of new devices including tablets, smart phones, and gaming devices that are all connected to the internet.
Kappa Studios switches from Avid to an all Adobe workflow for the production of Cartoon Network's new hit show Annoying Orange.
Studio Job Listings
- Graphics Designer - Procentrix, Inc. - Herndon, VA
- Design Director - REELZ Channel - Albuquerque, NM
- APAC Facilities Senior Manager - Dolby Laboratories - Beijing, China
- Production Facilitator - Manhattan Neighborhood Network - NY
- Lighting Technical Director - Brown Bag Films - Dublin, Ireland
Follow us on Twitter
- Review: Sorenson Squeeze 9
- Maryann Brandon and Mary Jo Markey on Cutting Star Trek Into Darkness
- Q&A: Ntropic’s Nate Robinson on Marco Brambilla’s Creation [Megaplex] 3D
- Autodesk Upgrades Smoke 2013 with Blackmagic IO
- Red Giant’s BulletProof Enters Free Public Beta
- Haunting Melissa Is a Horror Show Crafted for iPad and iPhone
- 2013 Post-NAB Camera Update
- Convergent Design Sets Pricing for Odyssey7 OLED Recorders
- Essential Gear: Cameras
- Kodak Names Christian Richter Its Film Lab and Studio Relationship Manager
If you've ever been to New York's Standard Hotel, you've seen the work of Marco Brambilla, a New York-based video artist...
The Daily Feed
Make stock footage your own by using After Effects to simulate...
- Fast 6 Earns $6.5 Mil Thursday Night, Prepares to Overtake Hangover III
[via The Hollywood Reporter]
- A New Stream for the Thirsty: Warner Archive Instant
[via The New York Times]
- James Gray Brings a Film to Cannes Five Years After Being Booed
[via Los Angeles Times]
- Three Reasons Why “Fixing It In Post” Will Ruin Your Career
[via Ryan E. Walters, Cinematographer]
- How to Auto White-Balance Your Sony Monitor
[via AbelCine CineTechnica]
Press Release City
Videos of the day
May 24 Bob Dylan: Duquesne Whistle
Celebrate Bob Dylan's 72nd birthday today with a look at the music video for "Duquesne Whistle," the jaunty lead single from Tempest, released last year. It was directed by stuntman-filmmaker Nash Edgerton (Star Wars: Episode II and III, The Matrix, The Wolverine), who takes a quick detour...
Cnet News talks to sound-design legend Ben Burtt (Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, E.T.) about the different sound effects that went into Star Trek Into Darkness.
Musician-actress Zooey Deschanel turns director with this music video for the new single from her She & Him duo for production company Doomsday Entertainment. The DP was Matthew J. Lloyd, CSC, it was edited by Luke Lynch, and the dance choreograpy is by Sophie Olson.