Ever wish your digital painting could really have the look of oil on canvas? Well, the next...
Studio Job Listings
- Social Media Producer - Columbia University - NY
- Assistant Editor - The Christian Broadcasting Network - Virginia Beach, VA
- Storyboard Artist/Character Designer - The Christian Broadcasting...
- Technology Analyst - US - InfoSys - CA
- Manager, Trade Marketing - Gurwitch Products - New York, NY
Follow us on Twitter
- Pixar Open-Sources Universal Scene Description
- HP Debuts Third-Gen Z240 Workstations
- PipelineFX Adds Metered Licensing as Cloud Rendering Matures
- NASA’s Z. Nagin Cox on How CG Makes Space Exploration Possible
- Nvidia Announces Quadro P6000 Card at SIGGRAPH
- Assimilate Releases Scratch 8.5 with New 3D and HDR Features
- Review: Azden SGM-250 Shotgun Microphone
- VideoBlocks Launches New Service for Power Users
- Thinkbox Vero Wants to Demystify Your VFX Budget
- Pixar Releases RenderMan v21
- All in One Avid Post Production Bundle - Sponsored Content
- What You Need in a Laptop for Video Editing and Streaming Live Production - Sponsored Content
Pixar Animation Studios has officially released its Universal Scene Description (USD) system as open-source technology. It...
Need to scratch that 3D itch? Cinema 4D maker Maxon and writer Meleah Maynard offered StudioDaily this close-up look at the...
The Daily Feed
Rampant Design CEO Sean Mullen demonstrates speed-ramping techniques in...
- ABC’s Game Shows Overtake CBS (and Everyone Else) Again
[via The Wrap]
- Stranger Things Tests Limits of Netflix’s Nostalgia Strategy
- How Lights Out Writer Stretched Fear-of-Dark Premise to Feature Length Hit
[via Where to Watch]
- 25 New Faces of Independent Film
Press Release City
Videos of the day
L.A./Toronto VFX house Mr. X showcases its VFX breakdowns from the third and final season of Showtime's spooky series Penny Dreadful.
Jul 25 Game Over
We're picking an oldie but a goodie today, as animator PES has remastered his classic videogame-inspired stop-motion short film "Game Over" in high definition.
This documentary short profiles Josh Spencer, owner of magnificent downtown L.A. literary haven The Last Bookstore, which he named with tongue only slightly in cheek after the Borders chain went under. Chad Howitt directed and edited; James Laxton (Tusk, The Myth of the American Sleepover…