Welcome to Peter Plantec's Entirely Biased Golden Pixie Awards. Yes, I started awarding Pixies...
Studio Job Listings
- Chief Engineer - Ft. Myers Broascasting - Ft. Myers, Florida
- Asst/Assoc/Full Prof: PR/Strategic Comm, Broadcasting, or Digital...
- Animator - Twisted Pixel Games - Austin, Texas
- Producer, Digital Media, Nothing But Nets - United Nations...
- Broadcast Engineer - NURAY Digital - Bluffton, South Carolina
Follow us on Twitter
@StudioDailyTweets by @StudioDaily
- Canon Sets 50–1000mm Cine-Servo Zoom for Early 2015
- EPs James Rota and John Ramsay on Foo Fighters Sonic Highways
- After More Layoffs, Kodak’s Film Business May Be in Jeopardy
- Movidiam Network Aims to Connect Filmmakers, Agencies and Brands
- StudioDaily Dossier: Gone Girl Production and Post
- Panasonic Prices the New VariCams
- Five Questions: Post Supervisor Peter Mavromates and Assistant Editor Tyler Nelson on Gone Girl
- TED Director of Film + Video Michael Glass on the Art of the Invisible Edit
- Learn Stop-Motion Animation with Seth Green and Stoopid Buddy Stoodios Online
- Review: Mocha Pro 4.0 and Mocha Plus 4.0
Canon is set to ship a new, extremely long 4K zoom lens early in 2015. Aimed at field production using 4K Super 35-style...
Stoopid Buddy Stoodios, helmed by Robot Chicken producers Seth Green and Matthew Senreich, will offer a two-hour animation...
It's been a year of feel-good stories for fans of motion picture film. Quentin Tarantino converted the New Beverly revival...
The Daily Feed
Autodesk shows off Bifrost, the new procedural effects platform designed...
- Cord-Cutters Rejoice: CBS Joins Web Stream
[via The New York Times]
- Brad Pitt’s Fury Soldiers into Theaters with $1.2 Million at Thursday Box Office
[via The Wrap]
- Poor Chinese Subtitles May Deal Box-Office Blow to Guardians of the Galaxy
[via China Daily]
- 4K is Obsolete, 5K is Here, and 8K Comes Tomorrow
[via Pro Video Coalition]
- iMovie for OS X Yosemite May Offer Final Cut Pro X Clues
[via Alex4D/Final Cut Pro X and Post Production Blog]
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Animator Kevin Ulrich brings the spoilers, as he wraps up his own film version of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit, animated with Lego figures, in a minute and a half.
Oct 16 Through the Ground Glass
Producer Nick Bolton and cinematographer Taylor Hawkins co-directed this short about photographer Joseph Allen Freeman and the continuing romance and creative challenge of large-format photography. (NSFW if a little profanity isn't safe where you work.) It was shot with the Canon EOS C100…
Oct 15 Out of Print
Julia Marchese, a longtime employee at the New Beverly Cinema in Los Angeles, made this feature-length documentary about the repertory theater — which features interviews with regular patrons plus appearances by such filmmaker fans including Joe Carnahan, Joe Dante, Stuart Gordon, Seth Gr…