From formats to flight plans, here's a round-up of this week's news for...
Studio Job Listings
- Director of Production/Programming - ValleyPBS - Fresno, California
- Bureau Director I (Assistant Director of Technical Services) -...
- Writer/Producer - Cause & [Effect] - New York, New York
- Broadcast Technician (1867) - American University - Washington,...
- Graphic Designer (1265_196556) - Twin Cities Public Television (Tpt)...
Follow us on Twitter
@StudioDailyTweets by @StudioDaily
- HPA Slates Hollywood Symposium Leading into SMPTE 2014
- Blackmagic Adds Heads-Up Display to 4K Production Camera
- Director Anthony C. Ferrante on Sharknado 2
- ProMax Systems Acquires Cache-A
- New VFX House Origin Digital Studios Opens in Burbank
- Color Specialist Apache Digital Opens in Santa Monica
- Video Tutorial: How to Set Up an ACES Workflow in Assimilate Scratch
- Watch the Fastest Phantom Cam Shoot at 44,000 fps and Higher
- Frame.io Web App Aims to Simplify Collaborative Post Online
- The World Cup Was the Biggest Experiment Yet for 4K and 8K Broadcast
Blackmagic Design is making good on its promise to provide more frequent firmware upgrades with today's announcement of v1.9...
It's back! Syfy's shark-infested waterspout of a TV movie, Sharknado, was an instant cult classic and social-media...
It's not all bad news for VFX in Los Angeles. Today, VFX veteran Mark Miller said he is opening a new VFX house, Origin...
The Daily Feed
Autodesk shows off Bifrost, the new procedural effects platform designed...
- Google’s $1B Purchase of Twitch Confirmed
- How Sony’s Goosebumps Reinvents the Book Adaptation
[via The Wrap]
- A New New Hope: Film Preservation and the Problem with Star Wars
[via Sound on Sight]
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Will Receive National Medal of Arts
[via Cartoon Brew]
- David Lynch: “I’ve Always Loved Laura Palmer”
[via The Guardian]
Press Release City
Videos of the day
The Washington (D.C.) Metropolitan Area Transit Authority debuted this TV spot in advance of this Saturday's long-awaited opening of its new Silver Line. The dance moves (set to "Escapee" by Architecture in Helsinki) were choreographed by D.C. resident Michael Stokes, and the spot was sho…
Jul 23 Out of Print
Watch this trailer for Julia Marchese's upcoming documentary about L.A.'s New Beverly Cinema, its clientele (including Joe Carnahan, Joe Dante, Rian Johnson, Mark Romanek, Kevin Smith, and many more), and their ongoing love affair with 35mm film.
New York-based filmmaker Jeremiah Kipp directed this fever-dream of a music video for artist Aaron David Gleason with appearances by Chris Sarandon and Tony Award-winners Alice Ripley and Joanna Gleason. It's edited by Patrick McGowan and the DP is Kenneth Kotowski.