Studio Job Listings
- Assistant Dean/Director for Technology - S.I. Newhouse School of...
- Specialist, Media Production - University of Nevada, Reno - Reno, Nevada
- Viz Artist - Fox News Channel - New York
- Motion Graphics & Video Editor - Vidzu Media - St. Louis, Missouri
- UI Designer/Artist - Digital Extremes Ltd. - London, Canada
Follow us on Twitter
@StudioDailyTweets by @StudioDaily
- ARRI’s Amira Gets 4K Ultra HD ProRes Recording Option
- Google Acquires Zync VFX Cloud-Rendering Service
- Working with 12 Years of Footage for Richard Linklater’s Boyhood
- ProMax Upgrades Workstation Line-Up to Max of 24 Cores
- Convergent Design Updates Odyssey7/7Q Firmware
- Analysts, VFX Leaders See Virtualization As Driving Force in CG Industry
- ADAPT Organizers Update SIGGRAPH on Anti-Tax Subsidy Campaign
- Shot by Shot: Detailed VFX Work for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- Academy Releases Shortlist of Sci-Tech Oscar Candidates
- 1 Beyond Announces ThunderTape 2 LTO-6 Drive with Second Bay
The market for 4K cinematography is about to get more interesting, with news that the ARRI Amira will soon allow users to...
This Friday, North American movie audiences can buy a return ticket to Sin City, courtesy co-directors Robert Rodriguez and...
Autodesk is continuing to move its software model away from perpetual licensing and toward desktop subscriptions, officials...
The Daily Feed
Autodesk shows off Bifrost, the new procedural effects platform designed...
- Emmy Awards Attract 15.6 Million Viewers, Second-Biggest Audience in Eight Years
[via The Wrap]
- Emmy Awards: Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss
- VMA Ratings Drop: Bring Back the Twerking Bears
[via Entertainment Weekly/Inside TV]
- Netflix Slams “Disrupting” Comcast-Time Warner Cable Merger to FCC
[via Deadline Hollywood]
- Instagram Debuts Simple App for Creating Time-Lapse Videos
[via Fast Company]
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Taking a shot with your phone isn't the desperation move it used to be, but that tiny lens is still pretty limiting compared to a real camera. Here are some ideas from photographer Lorenz Holder for getting more interesting iPhone shots without breaking out the DSLR.
Aug 22 Opening Titles: Manhattan
Imaginary Forces co-directors Dan Gregoras and Jeremy Cox made this opening-title sequence for WGN series Manhattan. They took inspiration from the show's real-world setting, Los Alamos, NM, as well as from the home lives of the workers who were involved in the creation of the nuclear bom…