If you were scoping out camera gear at NAB, you probably saw the Movi from Freefly. Described...
Sponsored Blog Posts
I just returned from the National Association of Broadcasters Show in Las Vegas and the theme of the event was “The Changing Face of Media & Entertainment.” This topic seems particularly relevant due to the insatiable demand for content via traditional media outlets such as televisions, movie theaters and the myriad of new devices including tablets, smart phones, and gaming devices that are all connected to the internet.
Kappa Studios switches from Avid to an all Adobe workflow for the production of Cartoon Network's new hit show Annoying Orange.
Studio Job Listings
- Production Facilitator - Manhattan Neighborhood Network - NY
- Visiting Assistant Professor of World Cinema - Hampshire College -...
- Videographer/Editor - Arizona Public Media - Tucson, AZ
- Executive Producer - Arizona Public Media - Tucson, Arizona
- Television Production Manager - Arizona Public Media - Tucson, AZ
Follow us on Twitter
- Red Giant’s BulletProof Enters Free Public Beta
- Haunting Melissa Is a Horror Show Crafted for iPad and iPhone
- 2013 Post-NAB Camera Update
- Convergent Design Sets Pricing for Odyssey7 OLED Recorders
- Essential Gear: Cameras
- Kodak Names Christian Richter Its Film Lab and Studio Relationship Manager
- EditShare Ships Field 2 Portable Shared-Storage System
- Shotgun Software Releases Shotgun Version 5.0
- SIM Digital Buys PS Production Services
- Five Questions: From Queens to Cairo Director Sherif Sadek
Red Giant today launched the free public beta of its new BulletProof software for DITs and cinematographers. Aimed for now...
The Daily Feed
Make stock footage your own by using After Effects to simulate...
- ESPN Laying Off Hundreds
- Ang Lee Departs FX Pilot Tyrant
[via Deadline Hollywood]
- Nymphomaniac Producer Reveals VFX Used in “Groundbreaking” Sex Scenes
[via The Hollywood Reporter]
- Max Headroom and the Strange World of Pseudo-CGI
[via Cartoon Brew]
- Free Cinema 4D Models: Daft Punk Helmets
[via Greyscale Gorilla]
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Remember when James Cameron made a little movie about space marines and a hazardous bug hunt? So do the fans behind this cartoon remake from 1A4 Studio, which compresses two hours of Aliens into just one minute of animation. (NSFW, maybe, if you have the volume up.)
Discovery Networks put this beautifully photographed footage of chickens on the Kansas prairie online as an example of the wildlife action to be found in its new seven-part series North America, which debuted last night.
May 17 Ring of Fire
Photographer Colin Legg captured these images of an annular solar eclipse at sunrise from three different vantage points in Western Australia using Canon 5D Mark II cameras for time-lapse and a Canon 1D C for 4K video. "Hard gig shooting the sun," Legg notes in the Vimeo comments, but we think...