Studio Job Listings
- Assistant Dean/Director for Technology - S.I. Newhouse School of...
- Specialist, Media Production - University of Nevada, Reno - Reno, Nevada
- Viz Artist - Fox News Channel - New York
- Motion Graphics & Video Editor - Vidzu Media - St. Louis, Missouri
- UI Designer/Artist - Digital Extremes Ltd. - London, Canada
Follow us on Twitter
@StudioDailyTweets by @StudioDaily
- Vimeo on Demand Broadens Content with New Partners
- Shane Hurlbut, ASC, Takes Masterclass on the Road
- ARRI’s Amira Gets 4K Ultra HD ProRes Recording Option
- Google Acquires Zync VFX Cloud-Rendering Service
- Working with 12 Years of Footage for Richard Linklater’s Boyhood
- ProMax Upgrades Workstation Line-Up to Max of 24 Cores
- Convergent Design Updates Odyssey7/7Q Firmware
- Analysts, VFX Leaders See Virtualization As Driving Force in CG Industry
- ADAPT Organizers Update SIGGRAPH on Anti-Tax Subsidy Campaign
- Shot by Shot: Detailed VFX Work for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
The market for 4K cinematography is about to get more interesting, with news that the ARRI Amira will soon allow users to...
This Friday, North American movie audiences can buy a return ticket to Sin City, courtesy co-directors Robert Rodriguez and...
Autodesk is continuing to move its software model away from perpetual licensing and toward desktop subscriptions, officials...
The Daily Feed
Autodesk shows off Bifrost, the new procedural effects platform designed...
- iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3: What to Expect
[via ZDNet/Hardware 2.0]
- The Five Best North Korean Films
[via The Guardian]
- You Say Your Lens Went Swimming?
[via The ZGC POV]
- Video Compression Competition: Which App Does It Best?
[via The Beat]
- William Greaves, 1926 – 2014
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Aug 27 Gone South
Filmmaking collective Vita Brevis Films takes a motorcycle tour of southern Utah armed with Red cameras, a MoVi stabilizer, and an octocopter.
Taking a shot with your phone isn't the desperation move it used to be, but that tiny lens is still pretty limiting compared to a real camera. Here are some ideas from photographer Lorenz Holder for getting more interesting iPhone shots without breaking out the DSLR.