From formats to flight plans, here's a round-up of this week's news for...
Studio Job Listings
- Operating and Engineering Manager - OTA Broadcasting LLC/ KMIR -...
- Multimedia designer - KSAT12 - San Antonio, Texas
- Senior Compositing Artist (m/f) - Goodgame Studios - Hamburg, Germany
- Senior 3D Animator (m/f) - Goodgame Studios - Hamburg, Germany
- Senior 3D Artist (m/f) - Goodgame Studios - Hamburg, Germany
Follow us on Twitter
@StudioDailyTweets by @StudioDaily
- New VFX House Origin Digital Studios Opens in Burbank
- Color Specialist Apache Digital Opens in Santa Monica
- Video Tutorial: How to Set Up an ACES Workflow in Assimilate Scratch
- Watch the Fastest Phantom Cam Shoot at 44,000 fps and Higher
- Frame.io Web App Aims to Simplify Collaborative Post Online
- The World Cup Was the Biggest Experiment Yet for 4K and 8K Broadcast
- The Foundry Introduces Colorway for Designers
- Imagineer Systems Releases Mocha Pro 4
- ILM’s Pat Tubach on a Career in VFX
- Co-VFX Supervisor Pat Tubach on Transformers: Age of Extinction
In this nine-minute video tutorial, Graham Austin of South Africa's DI Film Company, an editorial, grading, and on-set DI...
Industrial Light & Magic’s Pat Tubach brought eighteen years experience as a compositor, compositing supervisor, and...
It's not all bad news for VFX in Los Angeles. Today, VFX veteran Mark Miller said he is opening a new VFX house, Origin...
The Daily Feed
Autodesk shows off Bifrost, the new procedural effects platform designed...
- Netflix Crosses 50 Million Subscribers
[via The Wrap]
- Oscar-Nominated Film Now Aiming to Win an Emmy for Netflix – How Is It Eligible for Both?
[via Deadline Hollywood]
- How Boyhood Editor Sandra Adair Helped Shape the Film’s 12-Year Evolution
- Eyes Wide Shut at 15: Inside the Epic, Secretive Film Shoot that Pushed Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman to Their Limits
[via Vanity Fair]
- Convergent Design Odyssey7Q Updates and Odyssey7 Now Shipping
[via AbelCine CineTechnica]
Press Release City
Videos of the day
New York-based filmmaker Jeremiah Kipp directed this fever-dream of a music video for artist Aaron David Gleason with appearances by Chris Sarandon and Tony Award-winners Alice Ripley and Joanna Gleason. It's edited by Patrick McGowan and the DP is Kenneth Kotowski.
This video essay by Adam Westbrook of Delve.tv looks at the work of Claude Shannon, "the most important man you've probably never heard of" — an information theorist who was among the first to imagine the possiblity of encoding and transmitting information as binary digits.
Jul 18 Waves of Grain
Sometimes Mother Nature makes the movie, and human beings just have to figure out a way to watch it. Video designer Keith Skretch took a piece of wood and shaved it down a fraction of an inch at a time, taking a photograph after every pass — creating a kind of CT scan of a tree.