- Sony’s HXR-NX3 NXCAM Adds Wi-Fi, MP4 Recording
- Matrox Adds Support for Edius 7.21
- Todd-Soundelux in ‘Strategic Relationship’ with 424 Post
- WB’s Darcy Antonellis Named New CEO of Vubiquity
- ProMax Platform Gets Nearline Options, Adds Speed and Scalability
- Academy Announces 10 VFX Oscar Contenders
- PostWorks on Feature Finishing Techniques for Nonfiction TV
- Academy Narrows Documentary Features Slate to 15
- Shooting Belize: Challenges Amid Beauty
- Quick Pick: FxFactory Pro
Sony announced the HXR-NX3, a pro camcorder that adds W-Fi connectivity and an MP4 recording option to the NXCAM line-up,...
CNN's Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown takes the chef and restaurateur's prickly blend of cultural and culinary commentary to...
Earlier this month, digital photography services provider Industrial Color in New York City and post-production facility...
The Daily Feed
- Hobbit Sequel’s High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled, But WB Keeps It Quiet
[via The Wrap]
- Bette Midler to Play Mae West in HBO Films Biopic from William Friedkin
[via Deadline Hollywood]
- From Jesse’s Box to PCU2: The Evolution of a Phantom Control Unit
[via AbelCine CineTechnica]
- Scenes Not Safe for Work, Even for the Film Editor
[via The New York Times]
- Steven Soderbergh on Scorsese’s After Hours
[via Extension 765]
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Dec 10 The Bear & The Hare
2D animation was staged on miniature physical sets for this advertisment for British department store chain John Lewis, directed by Elliot Dear and Yves Geleyn and produced by Blinkink and Hornet. Check out the making-of video at Hornet's website. The music is Lily Allen's cover of Keane'…
Dec 9 Proximity
When funding for a project fell through at the last minute, director-editor-cinematographer Ryan Connolly didn't go back to the drawing board. He hooked up with short-film maestro Seth Worley ("Super Lion," "Tempo") to write a new screenplay, then put his already assembled crew to work sh…
In this penultimate installment of the Desolation of Smaug production diary, watch hobbits playing table tennis, get a glimpse of Smaug, and hear Peter Jackson explain why virtual cinematography reminds him of shooting with a Super 8 camera.