If you were scoping out camera gear at NAB, you probably saw the Movi from Freefly. Described...
Sponsored Blog Posts
I just returned from the National Association of Broadcasters Show in Las Vegas and the theme of the event was “The Changing Face of Media & Entertainment.” This topic seems particularly relevant due to the insatiable demand for content via traditional media outlets such as televisions, movie theaters and the myriad of new devices including tablets, smart phones, and gaming devices that are all connected to the internet.
Kappa Studios switches from Avid to an all Adobe workflow for the production of Cartoon Network's new hit show Annoying Orange.
Studio Job Listings
- Graphics Designer - Procentrix, Inc. - Herndon, VA
- Design Director - REELZ Channel - Albuquerque, NM
- APAC Facilities Senior Manager - Dolby Laboratories - Beijing, China
- Production Facilitator - Manhattan Neighborhood Network - NY
- Lighting Technical Director - Brown Bag Films - Dublin, Ireland
Follow us on Twitter
- Maryann Brandon and Mary Jo Markey on Cutting Star Trek: Into Darkness
- Q&A: Ntropic’s Nate Robinson on Marco Brambilla’s Creation [Megaplex] 3D
- Autodesk Upgrades Smoke 2013 with Blackmagic IO
- Red Giant’s BulletProof Enters Free Public Beta
- Haunting Melissa Is a Horror Show Crafted for iPad and iPhone
- 2013 Post-NAB Camera Update
- Convergent Design Sets Pricing for Odyssey7 OLED Recorders
- Essential Gear: Cameras
- Kodak Names Christian Richter Its Film Lab and Studio Relationship Manager
- EditShare Ships Field 2 Portable Shared-Storage System
Editors Mary Jo Markey and Maryann Brandon have come a long way with director/screenwriter/producer J.J. Abrams. The trio...
If you've ever been to New York's Standard Hotel, you've seen the work of Marco Brambilla, a New York-based video artist...
The Daily Feed
Make stock footage your own by using After Effects to simulate...
- Steven Soderbergh Will Interrupt Retirement to Direct and Produce Cinemax Series The Knick
[via Deadline Hollywood]
- The 2012–13 TV Season in One Really Depressing Chart
- European Parliament Wants TV, Movies Excluded from U.S. Trade Talks
[via The Hollywood Reporter]
- Blue is the Warmest Colour Installed as Frontrunner for Palme d’Or
[via The Guardian]
- The Aegis Brushless Gimbal Camera Rig and More Handheld Camera Stabilization Systems
Press Release City
Videos of the day
Cnet News talks to sound-design legend Ben Burtt (Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, E.T.) about the different sound effects that went into Star Trek Into Darkness.
Musician-actress Zooey Deschanel turns director with this music video for the new single from her She & Him duo for production company Doomsday Entertainment. The DP was Matthew J. Lloyd, CSC, it was edited by Luke Lynch, and the dance choreograpy is by Sophie Olson.
Remember when James Cameron made a little movie about space marines and a hazardous bug hunt? So do the fans behind this cartoon remake from 1A4 Studio, which compresses two hours of Aliens into just one minute of animation. (NSFW, maybe, if you have the volume up.)